Thursday, April 07, 2005

Sith-ing Around for Nothing

The line up started Saturday.

Six weeks is an awfully long time to sit around, and while I can understand that waiting for Episode One people went to some extreme lengths to be first in the door... I myself woke up at 5 in the morning and sat in line for 3 or 4 hours for tickets (for what would be the third showing - one every 15 minutes starting at midnight) and then again for a few hours - with friends and it was actually pretty fun. 6 hours. Not 6 weeks. And we still got in the door long before anyone who waited 6 weeks got out and had a chance to ruin anything for us.

I guess none of this new batch of unemployed losers has seen either of the tepid two films that preceeded it.

The only way George Lucas could redeem himself is if he throws some twist at me that blows my mind and turns everything else I've seen so far on it's ass. Like the Jedi Masters have been sexually abusing their Padawans and THAT is why Anakin turned - 'cause Obiwan was as sick or sicker than the rest of them.

And speaking of...

Is it just me or does the tesimony of previous alleged victims of Michael Jackson look really bad for him?

But more on that later, I've got to go watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs... on my PS2.

No comments: